The Cine Camera Control Module
Shown below is Cine Assist 1.2 on a professionally etched board.
Cine Assist’s awesome features:
- Start, stop and delay your film recording automatically
- Remote control your camera with your phone
- Record independent but still synchronized live sound
- Autonomously output digital data onto film
- Create advanced time lapses and speed ramps
- Currently supports cameras with electrical remote sockets as found on many Super 8 cameras for example
- Cine Assist’s size is only about 6.5 x 6.7cm / 2.5 x 2.6in, it is smaller than a Super 8 cassette and can easily fit on cameras
Cine Assist’s three interfaces
- Direct control with on-board switches, feedback on OLED display
- Bluetooth remote control with dedicated Cine Assist Android app
- PC control with the Cine Assist Windows application
Video 1 – Using the on-board controls
Video 2 – Bluetooth interface and smart phone app
Video 3 – Recording synchronized audio
Video 4 – Autonomous film-out
Video 5 – Standalone time lapses
FAQs – Frequently asked questions
Do I need to have a smart phone or a PC to use Cine Assist?
No, you can already benefit from great features by just using the module itself. Have a look at the videos above to see how much is already possible with just the module on its own.
Do you still continue to work on Cine Assist?
Yes, very much so. The entire system is being improved on a daily basis. The PC Connector application, the Android app and also the Cine Assist firmware is constantly being improved and extended. Customer feedback and feature requests are taken into account. Customers receive software updates specific their current Cine Assist 1.2 modules for free. Besides that many new features for future versions of Cine Assist are being planned as well and will be sold separately in the future.
Does the Cine Assist App support iOS or Windows Phone?
No, not at the moment. There are no plans to support Windows Phone, iOS might be supported in future releases. Currently the app is focusing on Android.
How can I use my Android phone with Cine Assist?
You need to have a phone that supports Bluetooth Low Energy. Install the Cine Assist Android app and simply connect via Bluetooth. To see what features the app supports, check out the video above.
I would love to buy Cine Assist but am missing a feature that is important to me. How can we proceed?
Please contact me! I will analyze your request and come back to you. Usually chances are good that I will implement your feature.
Can I use a camera that only provides a cable release socket?
Not yet, but you can in the near future! At the moment Cine Assist connects to your camera electrically, cable releases are not supported yet, however development has already started to provide an elegant solution to support both remote control as well as cable release sockets.
Does Cine Assist focus mainly on Super 8 amateurs?
No, not at all. As a matter of fact Cine Assist was already sold to professionals as well! The main goal is to provide the perfect solution for each customer. Cine Assist is also not limited to Super 8 cameras either. As long as your camera provides the correct type of remote control socket, Cine Assist can connect to it.